Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Is it just me, or is there a problem here?

With the deck screwed to the stem in the front, and the transom in the back, I screwed the forward bulkhead in place. When I attached the deck sides to the main bulkhead, I was concerned by what I would describe as a severe twist in the deck surface transitioning from the strong curve of the aft deck as it moves forward to the flat of the sides of the cabin bulkhead in the middle of the boat.




My solution was to lengthen the transition from curve to flat, extending it beyond this bulkhead towards the forward bulkhead. 


I added a piece like this below on both sides. It is 1-1/2" high on the inside and 0-3/4" on the outside. I lapped some fiberglass over the top like a horse's saddle, extending the bottom edge an inch or so past the bottom seam and the inside end.





No comments:

Post a Comment