No, I'm not sabotaging my project. I'm making progress. There are now four holes in the cabin wall for portlights, and one in the main bulkhead for a compass.
A friend of mine salvages old sailboats. A visit to his place got me quite a number of items for an excellent price. Thank you, Randy! The bulkhead-mount compass and my new boarding ladder are two of them. And this photo clearly shows the self-draining cockpit arrangements (another hole in my boat) I am in the process of building.
"Coincidentally," a construction error I made a couple years ago necessitated that I build out the base for my rudder's upper gudgeon. I had not settled on a solution for re-entering the boat after taking a swim until I found this hinged rung. The folded ladder tucks away nicely against the transom, out of the way of the rudder pushed hard over because of the extension I built quite awhile ago. I wish I had begun and kept a journal to document the many errors-that-became-features like this one which I have encountered building Kingsfold.